The ABC of Diabetes PDF provides a complete overview of diabetes including the etiology, diagnosis, and management of Types 1 and 2 diabetes, detection and prevention, and the organization of care and support.
With new chapters on psychological aspects, surveillance for complications, and support for people living with diabetes, this completely revised edition covers the many changes taking place in diabetes care, particularly in screening for Type 2 diabetes; in monitoring and insulin administration; in the organisation and delivery of care; and the increasing prevalence of diabetes in both developed and developing countries.
This sixth edition covers the early recognition of diabetes and cardiovascular risk as well as preventing complications specific to diabetes. It also addresses the need to deliver diabetes care in a multidisciplinary setting, including the UK Quality and Outcomes Framework, and reflects the increasing emphasis on self-management and patient-centered care, particularly as it relates to lifestyle changes, glycaemic control and patient choice over treatment options.
Drawing on the expertise of the University of Warwick as a center of excellence for the teaching of diabetes care, the best selling ABC of Diabetes PDF is ideal for GPs, primary care practitioners, practice nurses, diabetes specialist nurses, health visitors, and junior doctors.
Recommended Books For You
Description of ABC of Diabetes PDF 6th Edition
The ABC of Diabetes PDF 6th Edition is the best simple book for the study of diabetes among all medical practitioners and doctors. This book provides all-round basic information about this condition that nowadays is present around every house worldwide. No other medical book provides such basic information as this one. Download it now for free.
Tim A Holt MRCP, FRCGP is Clinical Lecturer at the Health Sciences Research Institute at the University of Warwick and a practising GP. His special interest is research into blood glucose monitoring and in the prevention of diabetes and its associated cardiovascular complications.
Sudhesh Kumar is Professor of Diabetes and Endocrinology at the University of Warwick and Consultant Physician at the University Hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire. His particular research area is obesity and metabolism in diabetes and the metabolic syndrome
“The 6th edition of ABC of Diabetes has been well written and is an attractively presented and up-to-date book that fills an important niche in the reference market for primary care practitioners, specialist nurses, medical students and junior hospital doctors.”
Diabetes Digest, Volume 9 No 3 2010
It is a good book covering all your needs for Diabetes. It is a simple but at the same time a detailed source of information. The book is useful for everyone that is relevant to Diabetes including clinicians, physicians, and researchers.
Table of Contents
The ABC of Diabetes PDF 6th Edition Ebook includes the following units and chapters along with names of the authors:
- Contributors to this Book vii
- Foreword ix
- Preface xi
- Acknowledgments xiii
- Diagnosing Diabetes 1 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Types of Diabetes 7 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Helping People Live with Diabetes 11, Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Early Detection and Prevention of Diabetes 15 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Obesity 23 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Cardiovascular Disease 27 Ponnusamy Saravanan, Vinod Patel, Tim Holt, and Sudhesh Kumar
- Management of Blood Glucose in Type 2 Diabetes 35 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Hyperglycaemic Emergencies and Management of Diabetes in Hospital 41 Sailesh Sankar, Sudhesh Kumar, and Tim Holt
- Insulin Therapy 47 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Hypoglycemia 51 Tim Holt, Sudhesh Kumar, and Noreen Kumar
- Self Management of Diabetes 55 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Surveillance for Complications 63 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Kidney Disease in Diabetes 67 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Eye Disease in Diabetes 75 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- The Diabetic Foot 81 Tim Holt, Gurdev Deogon and Sudhesh Kumar
- Diabetic Neuropathy 91 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Psychological Issues Related to Diabetes Care 95 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Diabetes and Pregnancy 99 Sudhesh Kumar, Aresh Anwar and Tim Holt
- The organization of Diabetes Care in General Practice 107 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- New and Emerging Therapies for Diabetes 111 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Support for People Living with Diabetes 115 Tim Holt and Sudhesh Kumar
- Index 000
Dimensions and Characters
- 112 Pages
- File Size: 3 Mbs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- ABC Series
Download Link for ABC of Diabetes PDF 6th Edition
Shown below is a blue download Link for the ABC of Diabetes PDF 6th Edition Ebook file. Click it to start your free download now.
Download Link 1
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.