Description of ACLS Review Made Incredibly Easy 3rd Edition PDF
ACLS Review Made Incredibly Easy 3rd Edition PDF gives you the confidence you need to pass the ACLS certification exam as well as the knowledge and skills needed to perform advanced cardiac life support.
Packed with easy-to-remember definitions and step-by-step directions on the latest treatment algorithms, this enjoyable review text tackles required ACLS course and exam content. It is also the perfect on-the-spot clinical reference—for nurses, students, and all healthcare professionals.
Features of ACLS Review Made Incredibly Easy 3rd Edition PDF
Be expertly guided through the latest ACLS training and exam preparation with:
- NEW and updated content in quick-read, bulleted format, based on current American Heart Association guidelines
- NEW and updated cardiovascular pharmacology content
- NEW and updated interventions
- Explains ACLS course and exam components and requirements
- Proven study strategies, end-of-chapter quick quizzes, and an end-of-book practice test
- Explanations of complex concepts —easy-to-retain guidance on how to recognize and treat cardiac arrhythmias, including:
- Classifications of interventions, including basic life support skills, adult cardiac arrest algorithm, and defibrillation
- Step-by-step how-tos for current treatment algorithms
- Managing specific rhythms—hypovolemia, hypoxia, acidosis, hypothermia, cardiac tamponade, tension pneumothorax, pulmonary coronary thrombosis, and more
- Dozens of colorful diagrams and illustrations outline the core concepts and skills needed for ACLS certification, including:
- CPR – when and how to use it
- Devices and procedures skills – safe ventilation techniques, including endotracheal intubation and supraglottic devices, as well as defibrillators, pacemakers, and more
- Early management – managing the first 30 minutes of cardiac emergencies
- Emergency conditions – which cardiac rhythms may require ACLS treatment
- IV and invasive techniques – such as peripheral and central IV line insertion
- Pharmacology – knowing the action, indication, dosages, and precautions for the major drugs used during ACLS
- Special features that include:
- Just the facts – quick summary of each chapter’s content
- “Nurse Joy” and “Nurse Jake” – expert insights on interventions and problem-solving
- Quick quiz – multiple-choice questions after each chapter to help you retain knowledge
- Now I get it! – real-life patient scenarios illustrating correct ACLS interventions
- What to look for – tips on identifying and interpreting arrhythmias.
About the Clinical Editor
Kate Stout, RN, MSN, is a Critical Care Charge RN at Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada.
From the Publisher
The Made Incredibly Easy! Series from Wolters Kluwer helps you provide optimal patient care by increasing your know-how (and confidence!) in key nursing skills. These friendly, fully-illustrated guides offer clear, concise direction on the nursing concepts you need in virtually every nursing setting. With more than 50 titles in all, the series offers key info on topics such as emergency care, maternal care, infant and pediatric care, cardiac care, psychiatric care, fluids and electrolytes, hemodynamic monitoring, cardiovascular care, pathophysiology, wound care, pharmacology, and many, many more.
Many of the books offer practice exams that help you prepare for certification or for the NCLEX, as well as these helpful tools:
- Advice from experts – tips and tricks and key troubleshooting techniques
- Take charge! – potentially lethal situations and steps to take when they occur
- Handle with care – identifies concerns and actions related to specific patients
- Weighing the evidence – highlights research that guides practice
- Memory joggers – memory aids to help you grasp and remember difficult concepts
- Certification tips – draws out the most important concepts from each chapter in relation to a specific certification exam
- Quick quiz – end-of-chapter multiple choice questions, with answers and rationales
- Practice makes perfect – extensive end-of-book practice exam to test knowledge in preparation for NCLEX and certification
Learn more about the series and see the entire catalog of titles at MadeIncrediblyEasy.com
LWW grew out of the gradual consolidation of various earlier independent publishers by Wolters Kluwer. Predecessor Wolters Samson acquired Raven Press of New York in 1986. Wolters Samson merged with Kluwer in 1987. The merged company bought J. B. Lippincott & Co. of Philadelphia in 1990; it merged Lippincott with the Raven Press to form Lippincott-Raven in 1995. In 1997 and 1998, Wolters Kluwer acquired Thomson Science (owner of the Current Opinion medical journals), and Plenum and merged the medical publications of each with Lippincott-Raven. In 1998, Wolters Kluwer bought Williams & Wilkins of Baltimore and merged it into Lippincott-Raven to form LWW. In 2000, Wolters Kluwer bought Springhouse Corporation from Reed Elsevier. In 2002 LWW ceased being an operating company and completed the path to being simply a brand of the conglomerate.
Dimensions and Characters of ACLS Review Made Incredibly Easy 3rd Edition PDF
- ASIN : 1496354990
- Publisher : LWW; Third edition (March 4, 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 396 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9781496354990
- ISBN-13 : 978-1496354990
- Item Weight : 1.15 pounds
- Dimensions : 7 x 0.5 x 8.75 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #52,891 in Books
Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2018
Reviewed in the United States on August 20, 2018
It jumps from page 38 to page 55 ,and those pages contain all the blocks . First degree to third .
I really need to study or I would send it back
So far it seems easy to follow.
Reviewed in the United States on August 22, 2017
Reviewed in the United States on July 31, 2018
Reviewed in the United States on December 6, 2017
It was easier to navigate.
Reviewed in the United States on January 23, 2020
Reviewed in the United States on January 15, 2021
Tiny print. sligjtly faded/not bold contrast print. Info on pages crammed together. Supposed to be a prep for the ACLS. “ACLS made Easy” but looks like all the info but all crammed tighter. not a funtional or pleasant read.
For me now after seeing that book the AHA ACLS book is easier + more plaeasant to read ie larger size book + good print,page and organization/spacing better. more funtional and aesthetic layout
Reviewed in the United States on March 17, 2019
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.