Features of Basic Immunology 4th Edition PDF
Basic Immunology 4th Edition PDF -Understand all the essential concepts in immunology with Basic Immunology: Functions and Disorders of the Immune System! This concise, focused text provides you with an up-to-date, accessible introduction to the workings of the human immune system.
- Efficiently master the immunology information you need through clinically focused content, logically organized by mechanism.
- Apply what you’ve learned to real-world situations by referencing the appendix of clinical cases.
- Enhance your learning with the help of numerous full-color illustrations and useful tables, as well as summary boxes, review questions, and a glossary of immunology terms.
- Study immunology anywhere! Online access to www.StudentConsult.com opens the door to an enhanced e-book and ancillary components!
- Visualize complex immunology concepts with a completely updated art program.
- Test your knowledge. New PowerPoint Review slides added to www.StudentConsult.com are ideal for study sessions.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Basic Immunology 4th Edition PDF
Basic Immunology 4th Edition PDF is one of the best medical books for students and professionals on the subject of Infectious Diseases. It is a must download.
Shiv Pillai, PhD, MBBS, is a professor of medicine and health sciences and technology at Harvard Medical School, director of the Harvard immunology PhD and master’s in medical sciences programs, director of MD student research for the Harvard-MIT health sciences and technology program, and program director of an NIH-funded autoimmune center of excellence at Massachusetts General Hospital, based at the Ragon Institute.
Dimensions and Characteristics of Basic Immunology 4th Edition PDF
- Publisher : Saunders; 4th edition (November 27, 2012)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 336 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1455707074
- ISBN-13 : 978-1455707072
- Item Weight : 1.45 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.25 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Book Name : Basic Immunology 4th Edition PDF
On page 13, the author gives an overview on how antigens are presented to T cells and B cells. In the first few sentences, he says that specialized cells present antigens to T cells. In the next few, he addresses how antigens are presented to B cells like this: “Less is known about cells that may capture antigens for display to B lymphocytes. B lymphocytes may directly recognize the antigens of microbes (either released or on the surface of the microbes), or macrophages lining the lymphatic channels may capture antigens and display them to B cells.” The use of the word ‘may’ makes it seem like it is not understood how antigens are presented to B cells, and they may do this or they may do that, we don’t know. But you later find out that they do both (at least as far as I know), and the author probably should have used the word ‘can,’ as in they can do this or they can do that, but we don’t know a lot about it.
I’d suggest reading a little bit of the book in the preview to see if you like it. If you do like the writing style, the book is great. Everything is laid out well and its all good information with great explanations without any fluff.
Edit: I’ve read more of the book now, and I like it a lot more. I don’t run into problems with his writing style anymore. I don’t know if it changed throughout the first couple chapter, or I got used to it, or it was just me in the first chapter. One thing I have noticed is that the author seems to do a really good job about introducing material. Every time I start reading about a new idea, i have seen it before earlier in the book. He does this in a really seamless and fluid manner, and it is really helpful. It is really easy to understand new topics as he talks about them. I changed my rating from 3/5 to 5/5.”
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.