Authored by the lead author of the bestselling Medical Microbiology and written in the same tradition, Basic Medical Microbiology PDF was designed as a straight-forward, practical introduction to this difficult topic. It provides students with a firm foundation in the principles and applications of microbiology, serving as an effective prep tool for examinations and the transition into clinical application.
- Carefully curated contents focus on the most commonly observed and tested organisms and diseases.
- Differential diagnosis, organism classification overview, and a list of antimicrobials used to treat infections are provided in the introductory chapter of each organism section, reinforcing the clinical application and relevance.
- Organized by organism; focuses on the association between an organism and disease.
- Concise tables and high-quality illustrations offer visual guidance and an easy review of key material.
- Clinical cases reinforce the clinical significance of each organism.
- Includes multiple-choice questions to aid in self-assessment and examination preparation.
- Evolve Instructor Resources, including a downloadable image bank, are available to instructors through their Elsevier sales rep or via request at: https://evolve.elsevier.com
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Recommended Books For You
This book is namely the first version of the masterpiece edition released this year for medical students in their third and fourth year of studies. This book provides a very unique style of the study compared to all other medical microbiology books out in the market in that it has a high sense of humor added to it and any subject when combined with humor is easy to understand and remember. If you find medical microbiology tough to remember. This book is for you. Download now.
Senior Worldwide Director, Scientific Affairs, BD Diagnostics, Sparks, Maryland, Adjunct Professor, Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland. Like a bottle of fine wine that has been allowed to age, the 40-year career in clinical microbiology of Patrick R. Murray, Ph.D., has yielded a unique and sublime blend of contributions to our discipline. From clinical laboratory director to editor extraordinaire to innovator and discoverer of unusual pathogens, he has made accomplishments that extend globally.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the Chapters and Sections in the Basic Medical Microbiology PDF 1st edition ebook.
Section I. Introduction
Chapter 1. Overview of Medical Microbiology
Section I. Bacteria
Chapter 2. Introduction of Bacteria
Chapter 3. Aerobic Gram-Positive Cocci
Chapter 4. Aerobic Gram-Positive Rods
Chapter 5. Acid-Fast Bacteria
Chapter 6. Aerobic Gram-Negative Cocci and Coccobacilli
Chapter 7. Aerobic Fermentative Gram-Negative Rods
Chapter 8. Aerobic Non-fermentative Gram-Negative Rods
Chapter 9. Anaerobic Bacteria
Chapter 10. Spiral Shaped Bacteria
Chapter 11. Intracellular Bacteria
Section II. Viruses
Chapter 12. Introduction to Viruses
Chapter 13. Human Immunodeficiency Viruses
Chapter 14. Human Herpes Viruses
Chapter 15. Respiratory Viruses
Chapter 16. Hepatitis Viruses
Chapter 17. Gastrointestinal Viruses
Section III. Fungi
Chapter 18. Introduction to Fungi
Chapter 19. Cutaneous and Subcutaneous Fungi
Chapter 20. Systemic Dimorphic Fungi
Chapter 21. Opportunistic Fungi
Section IV. Parasites
Chapter 22. Introduction to Parasites
Chapter 23. Protozoa
Chapter 24. Nematodes
Chapter 25. Trematodes
Chapter 26. Cestodes
Chapter 27. Arthropods
Section V. Review Questions
- This book definitely breaks medical microbiology down. Easy to understand and very well organized. I got it as a way to study and better understand medical micro and it has worked wonders. Definitely got me ahead of the class, considering I got this book 2 months ahead of time. It’ll teach you principles and other useful information that you wouldn’t otherwise be taught in the course.
- Interesting approach to medical microbiology.I recommend it as is very practical if you
are a student or a teacher
- am still reading so far so good
Doody’s Editorial Review
“The strength of the book lies in the short precise presentation of the topics combined with the clinical cases. The book is very well structured and each section can stand by itself…. This book is useful for students looking for a short, well presented overview of medical microbiology. There are certainly books with more detailed descriptions of human pathogens, but this one is an excellent overview and is well suited for exam preparation, while others just overwhelm with detail.” Reviewed by Matthias J Schnell, PhD (Thomas Jefferson University) Doody’s Score: 99, 5 Stars for Basic Medical Microbiology PDF.
Dimensions and Characters
- 240 Pages
- File Size: 4MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
Download Button for Basic Medical Microbiology PDF
Shown below is a white download button for the ebook of Basic Medical Microbiology PDF ebook. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.