Cardiovascular Pathology 4th Edition pdf provides users with a comprehensive overview that encompasses its examination, cardiac structure, both normal and physiologically altered, and a multitude of abnormalities. This updated edition offers current views on interventions, both medical and surgical, and the pathology related to them.
Congenital heart disease and its pathobiology are covered in some depth, as are vasculitis and neoplasias. Each section has been revised to reflect new discoveries in clinical and molecular pathology, with new chapters updated and written with a practical approach, especially with regards to the discussion of pathophysiology. New chapters reflect recent technological advances with cardiac devices, transplants, genetics, and immunology. Each chapter is highly illustrated and covers contemporary aspects of the disease processes, including a section on the role of molecular diagnostics and cytogenetics as specifically related to cardiovascular pathology.
Customers buy the Print + Electronic product together!
- Serves as a contemporary, all-inclusive guide to cardiovascular pathology for clinicians and researchers, as well as clinical residents and fellows of pathology, cardiology, cardiac surgery, and internal medicine
- Offers new organization of each chapter to enable uniformity for learning and reference: Definition, Epidemiology, Clinical Presentation, Pathogenesis/Genetics, Light and Electron Microscopy/Immunohistochemistry, Differential Diagnosis, Treatment and Potential Complications
- Features six new chapters and expanded coverage of the normal heart and blood vessels, cardiovascular devices, congenital heart disease, tropical and infectious cardiac disease, and forensic pathology of the cardiovascular system
- Contains 400+ full color illustrations and an online image collection facilitate research, study, and lecture slide creation
Recommended Books For You
Description of Cardiovascular Pathology 4th Edition PDF
This book for the subject of cardiovascular pathology is one of the best books a medical student can take up for the USMLE Step 1 or 2 exams. It includes all the essential details a medical professional should know about the pathologies concerned with the heart as almost every pathology has somehow it’s roots in the heart. Download now and start studying along with all the video lectures provided for this subject.
Dr. Maximillian Buja is engaged in scholarly investigation, educational activities and clinical service while also serving in leadership roles. His subspecialty interest is cardiovascular pathology with research interests in myocardial cell injury, myocardial ischemia, atherosclerosis and cardiomyopathies. Dr. Buja teaches medical students, medical residents, clinical fellows, graduate students and research post-doctoral fellows.
Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Medical School, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth); Distinguished Teaching Professor, The University of Texas System; Executive Director, The TMC Library; Editor-in-Chief, Cardiovascular Pathology (the official journal of the Society for Cardiovascular Pathology)
He also conducts a clinical practice in cardiovascular pathology providing staffing of autopsy cases and surgical pathology consultation of cardiac and vascular cases and interpretation of myocardial biopsies from referrals. He directs a cardiovascular pathology fellowship approved by the Texas Medical Board. Since the establishment of an Advanced Heart Failure Center on campus, he has served as the cardiovascular pathologist for the Center and has provided staffing for over 100 heart transplants, numerous LVADs, and post-transplant myocardial biopsies for evaluation and grading of antibody-mediated and acute cellular rejection. Dr. Buja serves as a consultant in cardiovascular pathology for the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences. He serves as the Director of the DPALM Autopsy Service at the affiliated teaching hospitals and has been an advocate of the importance of the autopsy as a tool in medical research and quality control in healthcare. He is the editor-in-chief of Cardiovascular Pathology, the official journal of the Society for Cardiovascular Pathology. He also serves as the Executive Director of The Texas Medical Center Library located adjacent to the medical school.
User Reviews for Cardiovascular Pathology 4th Edition PDF
- Great book, as described! This is the reference book for cardiovascular pathology-
good option to read it while I wait for the new edition to come out!
I bought this book on the recommendation of one of my colleagues. We used it quite a bit during review for our forensic pathology boards and in our day to day practice. The images and descriptions are great and there is even a good pictoral description on how to dissect the conduction system, which by the way is difficult to find elsewhere. It is a user friendly book with good information and images.
It’s clear and concise, very nice pictures, and schemes. Good approach on cardiovascular dissection and grossing chapter. Not an extense textbook.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and units along with author names in the cardiovascular pathology 4th edition pdf ebook.
- 1. Anatomic Considerations and Examination of Cardiovascular Specimens (Excluding Devices) J.J. MALESZEWSKI, C.K. LAI AND J.P. VEINOT
- 2. Age-related Cardiovascular Changes and Diseases A. SEKI AND M.C. FISHBEIN
- 3. Vascular Pathobiology: Atherosclerosis and Large Vessel Disease S. XU, M. BENDECK AND A.I. GOTLIEB
- 4. Diseases of Small and Medium-sized Blood Vessels J.R. STONE
- 5. Aneurysms of the Aorta: Ascending, Thoracic and Abdominal and Their Management E. LADICH, J. BUTANY AND R. VIRMANI
- 6. Fundamental Principles in Cardiovascular Genetics M.A. SEIDMAN AND R.N. MITCHELL
- 7. Myocardial Ischemia and Its Complications G.A. FISHBEIN, M.C. FISHBEIN AND L. MAXIMILIAN BUJA
- 8. Pathophysiology of Heart Failure and an Overview of Therapies J.M. BERTHIAUME, J.A. KIRK, M.J. RANEK, R.C. LYON, F. SHEIKH, B.C. JENSEN, B.D. HOIT, J. BUTANY, M. TOLEND, V. RAO AND M.S. WILLIS
- 9. Myocarditis M.A. SEIDMAN AND B.M. MCMANUS
- 10. Pathology of Sudden Death, Cardiac Arrhythmias and Conduction System G. THIENE, S. RIZZO AND C. BASSO
- 11. Cardiomyopathies G. D’AMATI AND C. GIORDANO
- 12. Valvular Heart Disease P. VAIDEESWAR AND J. BUTANY
- 13. Cardiac Valve Replacement and Related Interventions F.J. SCHOEN AND J. BUTANY
- 14. The Pathology of Cardiovascular Interventions and Devices for Coronary Artery Disease, Vascular Disease, Heart Failure, and Arrhythmias L. MAXIMILIAN BUJA AND F.J. SCHOEN
- 15. Congenital Heart Disease: Pathology, Natural History, and Interventions G. OTTAVIANI AND L. MAXIMILIAN BUJA
- 16. The Pericardium and Its Diseases P. SINGHAL, D. THAVENDIRANATHAN AND J. BUTANY
- 17. Pathology of Cardiac Transplantation C.D. TAN, M.K. HALUSHKA AND E.R. RODRIGUEZ
- 18. Toxins and the Heart M.C. FISHBEIN
- 19. Tumors of the Cardiovascular System: Heart and Blood Vessels E. LADICH AND R. VIRMANI
- 20. Forensic Aspects of Cardiovascular Pathology B. SAMPSON AND J.L. HAMMERS
Dimensions and Characters
- 830 Pages
- File Size: 8 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Cardiovascular Pathology Books
Download Button for Cardiovascular Pathology 4th Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for the cardiovascular pathology 4th edition pdf ebook file. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests