Features of Dosage Calculations for Nursing Students PDF
Dosage Calculations for Nursing Students PDF-Welcome to the second edition of our dosage calculations book!
Are you a nursing student, or nurse, who wants to learn a few simple methods of solving dosage
calculations without a bunch of formulas?
Would you like to raise your hand in your dosage calculation class, after the instructor explains a
complicated formula, and ask to approach the white board to show the class a much simpler method?
Do you want to go on your clinicals knowing that you have a solid foundation in dosage calculations?
Do you want to walk into your Nursing Calculations Class on the first day knowing that you can ace all
the tests before the course begins?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this book is for you!
The book is divided into seven units containing thirty-five chapters.
Unit 1: Essential Skills:
You can’t learn to drive a car if you don’t understand the function of the steering wheel. The same applies to the following subjects when learning dosage calculations.
- The Metric System
- Apothecary/Avoirdupois/Household Systems
- Dimensional Analysis (DA) and Ratio Proportion (RP)
- Rounding Numbers
- Military Time
Unit 2: Auxiliary Subjects:
- Roman Numerals
- Scientific Notation
Unit 3: Unit Conversions
Unit 3 covers converting between and within the various systems of measurement using dimensional analysis and ratio proportion.
- Unit conversions Within the Metric System
- Unit Conversions Within the Household System
- Unit Conversions Between Metric, Household and Apothecary Systems
- Unit Conversions Involving Pounds and Ounces
- Unit Conversions Involving Hours and Minutes
Unit 4: Dosage Calculations
Unit 4 builds on the knowledge gained in the previous units and covers dosage calculations, starting with the terminology and set up of problems, then progressing from easy, one-step, problems through multi-step problems.
- Dosage Calculations-The Basics
- Dosage Calculations Levels 1-3
- Body Surface Area Dosing Calculations
- Pediatric Dosage Calculations
- Pediatric Maintenance Fluid Replacement Calculations
Unit 5: IV Flow Rate Calculations
Unit 5 starts with the basic terminology and set up of IV flow rate problems, then moves on to:
- Simple and Advanced Problems
- IV Flow Rate Adjustment Calculations
- Heparin Infusion and Adjustment Calculations
Unit 6: Percent and Ratio Strength Calculations
- Percent Strength
- Percent Change
- Ratio Strength
Unit 7: Miscellaneous Subjects
- Reconstitution Calculations
- Concentrations and Dilutions
- Milliequivalent Calculations
- Dosage Calculations Puzzles
- Self-Assessment Exam
The book contains over 600 high quality practice problems with answers. We look forward to your feedback!
Chase Hassen and Brad Wojcik
Recommended Books For You
Description of Dosage Calculations for Nursing Students PDF
Dosage Calculations for Nursing Students PDF is one of the best-known books on the subject of nursing and basic medicine. This book covers all the cases and phenomenon a student and professional nurse might be up against in their whole life. Master this book and you will be of prime aid in caring for patients that are difficult to treat. Make a difference. Download Now.
I graduated from the University of the Pacific in 1975 with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree. Prior to entering pharmacy school, I was a chemistry major, but also had an interest in mathematics and physics.
Dimensions and Characters of Dosage Calculations for Nursing Students PDF
- Publisher : Independently published (May 11, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 219 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1096128748
- ISBN-13 : 978-1096128748
- Item Weight : 1.15 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 0.5 x 11 inches
- Book Name : Dosage Calculations for Nursing Students PDF
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.