Description of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine PDF
Introducing the Landmark Twentieth Edition of the Global Icon of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine Pdf
The definitive guide to internal medicine is more essential than ever with the latest in disease mechanisms, updated clinical trial results and recommended guidelines, state of the art radiographic images, therapeutic approaches and specific treatments, hundreds of demonstrative full color drawings, and practical clinical decision trees and algorithms
A Doody’s Core Title for 2019!
Recognized by healthcare professionals worldwide as the leading authority on applied pathophysiology and clinical medicine, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine gives you the informational foundation you need to provide the best patient care possible.
Essential for practice and education, the landmark 20th Edition features:
- Thoroughly revised content―covering the many new breakthroughs and advances in clinical medicine that have occurred since the last edition of Harrison’s. Chapters on acute and chronic hepatitis, management of diabetes, immune based therapies in cancer, multiple sclerosis, cardiovascular disease, HIV, and many more, deliver the very latest information on disease mechanisms, diagnostic options, and the specific treatment guidance you need to provide optimal patient care.
- State of the art coverage of disease mechanisms: Harrison’s focuses on pathophysiology with rigor, and with the goal of linking disease mechanisms to treatments. Improved understanding of how diseases develop and progress not only promotes better decision making and higher value care, but also makes for fascinating reading and improved retention. Harrison’s summarizes important new basic science developments, such as the role of mitochondria in programmed and necrotic cell death, the immune system’s role in cancer development and treatment, the impact of telomere shortening in the aging and disease processes, and the role of the microbiome in health and disease. Understanding the role of inflammation in cardiovascular disease, the precise mechanisms of immune deficiency in HIV/AIDS, prions and misfolded proteins in neurodegenerative diseases, and obesity as a predisposition to diabetes are just a few examples of how this edition provides essential pathophysiology information for health professionals.
- All new sections covering a wide range of new and emerging areas of vital interest to all healthcare professionals. New sections include: Sex and Gender based Issues in Medicine; Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, and Metabolic Syndrome; and Consultative Medicine― Plus, a new Part covering cutting edge topics in research and clinical medicine includes great new chapters on the role of Epigenetics in Health and Disease, Behavioral Strategies to Improve Health, Genomics and Infectious Diseases, Emerging Neuro Therapeutic Technologies, and Telomere Function in Health and Disease, and Network System Medicine.
- Important and timely new chapters―such as Promoting Good Health, LGBT Health, Systems of Healthcare, Approach to Medical Consultation, Pharmacogenomics, Antimicrobial Resistance, Worldwide Changes in Patterns of Infectious Diseases, Neuromyelitis Optica, and more―offer the very latest, definitive perspectives on must know topics in medical education and practice.
- Updated clinical guidelines, expert opinions, and treatment approaches from renowned editors and authors contribute to the accuracy and immediacy of the text material and present a clear blueprint for optimizing patient
Features of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine PDF
- Thoroughly revised content
- State-of-the-art coverage of disease mechanisms
- New sections
- Frontiers in Medicine
- Updated clinical guidelines
- Fully updated Cardinal Manifestations of Disease
- Hundreds of new images and visuals added for a total count of over 1,600 illustrations and 1,400 tables
Recommended Books For You
Dimensions and Characters of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine Pdf
- 1172 Pages
- File Size: 62MB
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine PDF
Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, Twentieth Edition (Vol.1 & Vol.2): 9781259644030: Medicine & Health Science Books @ Amazon.com
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.