Want to cover EVERYTHING on the NCLEX-RN? HESI can help! The HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 5th Edition PDF provides a comprehensive, all-in-one review of the information you need to know to not only succeed on the NCLEX-RN exam but also on your program’s HESI exit exam. Written in an easy-to-read outline format, this trusted guide breaks down chapters by clinical areas and the concepts emphasized on the NCLEX-RN exam. Rationales are provided for any incorrect answers or areas of weakness to help strengthen your understanding. The companion Evolve website also offers 700 practice questions in both study and exam formats to give you valuable practice using the same electronic testing format you will face on the nursing school exit exam and on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- 700 NCLEX practice questions on the companion Evolve website include alternate item formats to provide a testing experience similar to the exit and NCLEX exams.
- Chapters organized by clinical area enables you to easily search for various topics to review.
- HESI Hint boxes spotlight important clinical information and concepts commonly tested on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Critical thinking study questions (with rationales) reinforce key concepts and content.
- Fill-in-the-blank and prioritizing questions mirror the new alternate item format item types included on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Pharmacology tables highlight the need-to-know drug therapy content emphasized on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Consistent format and chapter organization make it easy to move between topics when reviewing.
New to this edition:
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest NCLEX-RN test plan.
- NEW! Updated medications and nursing interventions have been added based on the latest evidence-based practice.
- NEW! Revised chapter on pediatric nursing includes an updated immunization chart, referral websites, and new content on children with disabilities and chromosomal and genetic syndromes.
- NEW! Revised chapter on maternity nursing features updated CPR guidelines and medications for neonatal cardiac arrest, as well as new HESI Hints that reflect new modalities such as fetal cell-DNA analysis and current screening tools.
- NEW! Revised chapter on psychiatric nursing includes new information on autism spectrum disorders, as well as updates on DSM 5 changes.
- NEW! Revised chapter on geriatrics features new content on polypharmacy in the elderly, the Geriatric Depression Scale as an assessment tool, the Mini-Cog tool for mental status assessment, and new information on elder mistreatment in various settings.
Recommended Books For You
Description of HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 5th Edition PDF
This book is one of the most valuable books written by HESI and its importance can be known from the number of editions it has released and sold. This book is the most basic and essential review book for all nursing aspirants who are to take their NCLEX-RN examination in the near future. It will provide you with information needed for scoring higher than most. Download now.
The Health Education Systems, Inc. (HESI) Exit Exam (E2) was originally developed using sound educational principles. In an effort to ensure product quality and to scientifically address the development of new HESI testing products, these principals continue to be practiced today, thereby adding to the evidence-based testing science and significantly contributing to the scholarship of educational practice. This review sequentially presents the evidence related to the E2 by study details and outcomes and sets the stage for the continued work presented in this supplement to the Journal of Professional Nursing.
- I continually tell people that this is the best book I have ever spent money on. Heres why:
Clear, concise, and to the point.
HESI hints- If you’re going to read anything from this book, make it the HESI hints. The book points out what is most important for you to know in a topic and ways to answer questions.
Charts, pictures, and graphs galore! (usually I hate them, but these are actually very helpful!)
Chapters are set up by systems- extremely helpful when studying for nursing tests and the HESI finals
Pages are glossy and not easily ripped.
A whole chapter dedicated to the NCLEX exam and test taking skills (actually helpful tips)
I used it to study for pediatrics and maternity and I got 99.99% score!!! Excellent book!
Table of Contents
Listed below are the chapters included in the HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 5th Edition PDF Ebook along with user reviews for each:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to testing and the NCLEX-RN exam
- Chapter 2: Leadership and Management (to be honest, I haven’t looked at this chapter at all)
- Chapter 3: Advanced clinical concepts- respiratory failure, shock, DIC, fluid and electrolytes, ECGs, HIV
- Chapter 4: Medical-Surgical nursing (pretty damn comprehensive, the whole chapter is over 100 pages)
- Chapter 5: Pediatric nursing- disorders, disorders, and more disorders
- Chapter 6: Maternity nursing- I read this instead of the ridiculous book we had. Did better on the tests than everybody else.
- Chapter 7: Psych nursing- haven’t gotten to this yet
- Chapter 8: Gerontology nursing- haven’t gotten to this yet
- Appendix: Normal values, recommended daily requirements and food sources, common lab tests
Dimensions and Characters of HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 5th Edition PDF
- 408 Pages
- File Size: 12 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- HESI Books
Download Link for HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 5th Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for the HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 5th Edition PDF ebook. Click it to start your free download
The 5th Edition is yet to arrive for the moment download the 4th edition.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.