Ace the NCLEX-RN–with the help of nursing review pioneer Marlene Hurst Reviews NCLEX-RN Review PDF!Use Marlene’s unique “no cram, pass with what you already know” system and slash your study time in half
Based on Marlene Hurst’s phenomenally popular nursing seminars that train over 30,000 students annually, this innovative review is loaded with the author’s time-tested strategies–all designed to help you pass the NCLEX certification and course exams the first time around!
NCLEX-RN Review breaks the mold of other review books by explaining how to apply critical thinking and test-taking skills, rather than how to re-learn course content. Marlene shows you how to effectively work with the “think-on-your-feet” philosophy of the NCLEX-RN, not against it.
- A complete NCLEX-RN toolkit–from the world’s most sought-after speaker on passing the NCLEX
- Over 1,000 skill-building NCLEX-style questions, complete with answers and rationales
- Full of concise, easy-to-remember strategies that cut study time in half!
- An eye-catching four-color format
- “Marlene Moments”–Marlene’s humorous anecdotes of common student mistakes that offer a light-hearted look at how new nurses learn to succeed
- “What the NCLEX Lady Thinks”–valuable tips that reveal the rationale behind certain types of NCLEX questions and how to adjust your strategy accordingly
- Chapter-ending NCLEX practice questions that solidify important information and show you how it will be tested on the NCLEX examination
- Downloadable material includes 300 additional NCLEX-style questions, plus downloadable MP3 audio tips from Marlene Hurst’s award-winning NCLEX reviews
Recommended Books For You
Description of Hurst Reviews NCLEX-RN Review PDF
This book is regarded as one of the most useful books for the nursing exams in a students lifetime. A nurse of the highest knowledge will always need to have to go through this book as this contains some of the highly missed topics that almost no book provides in the course of nursing. If you think you know it all, this book and its contents are the only things you are still missing out one. Download now and start studying.
Marlene Hurst, RN, MSN, FNP-R, CCRN-R is President of Hurst Review Services, in Brookhaven, MS. Started in 1988, the company’s staff has taught over thirty thousand students each year how to succeed in nursing school and on the NCLEX exam.
Marlene Hurst received a Master of Science in Nursing in 1988 from the Mississippi University for Women and started Hurst Review Services that very same year. Marlene is an Adult and Family Nurse Practitioner-RC, a certified Critical Care Nurse, and an Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor.
Few people are as qualified to give instruction in the field of nursing as Marlene. She has worked as a Critical Care Staff and Charge Nurse, Emergency Department Clinical Nurse Specialist, and Nurse Practitioner. She also has had vast experience in nursing as an Associate Degree Nursing Instructor and Director, Course Coordinator, and Assistant Professor of Nursing in a Baccalaureate program. Marlene has also been a Nursing Consultant and an Expert Nursing Witness in the judicial system. Under Marlene’s guidance, the local community college program where she served as instructor and director achieved a 100% pass rate on the NCLEX® State Board exam.
- I found the “need to know” pages a great help in studying for the NCLEX. My school gave us the Hurst live review and I attended 3 days of a woman reading PowerPoint lectures with bits of interesting videos thrown in here and there. Pure Torture!
The information in this book was better than the boring Hurst live review in my opinion. I was surprised that the information in this book and the information from the live review were so different.
Some great principles and tips, but I have a hard time giving more than 3 stars to a book that hasn’t been updated since 2008 when the NCLEX is updated every 3 years.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the units and chapters in the Hurst Reviews NCLEX-RN Review PDF ebook:
- Foreword, April Foster, RN, BSN, CCRN
- 1. Let’s Get It Started in Here!
- 2. The Process You Must Go Through
- 3. How is This Test Different?
- 4. NCLEX-RN–Fact or Fiction?
- 5. Let’s Make Sense of the Test Plan!
- 6. Basic Test-Taking Strategies
- 7. How to Tackle a Priority Question?
- 8. Management and Delegation
- 9. Why Do I Really Have to Understand “the Nursing Process”?
- 10. Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Therapeutic Communication
- 11. Pharmacology in a Nutshell
- 12. Potential Test Question Topics According to the RN Test Plan
- 13. Cool Charts You Just Have to Know
- 14. A Day in the Life
- 15. I’ve Already Failed Once…What Do I Do Now?
- 16. Tips for International Students
- 17. Sample Test Questions: Safe and Effective Care Environment
- Management of Care
- Safety and Infection Control Health Promotion and Maintenance Psychosocial Integrity Physiological Integrity
- Basic Care and Comfort
- Pharmacological and Parenteral Therapies
- Reduction of Risk Potential
- Physiological Adaptation
- 18. Directory of State Boards of Nursing
Dimensions and Characters of Hurst Reviews NCLEX-RN Review PDF
- 620 Pages
- File Size: 9 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Hurst Books
Download Button for Hurst Reviews NCLEX-RN Review PDF
Shown below is a blue download button for the Hurst reviews NCLEX-RN review pdf ebook file. Click it to start your free download.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.