Features of Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine 9th Edition
The ninth edition of this best-selling Kumar and Clark’s Collection PDF textbook of clinical medicine builds even further on its formidable, prize-winning formula of excellence, comprehensiveness and accessibility.
‘This book is stunning in its breadth and ease-of-use. It still remains the “gold standard”, thorough guide to clinical medicine its forefathers were.’BMA Medical Book Awards judges.
New to this edition:
- 2 new chapters: Global Health and Women’s Health.
- 25 new authors.
- New online editor, Adam Feather, with a team of young doctors to augment the e-book which accompanies the print book with clinical tips, key learning points, drug tips, learning challenges, case studies and MCQs.
- Full text redesign to incorporate:
- New system overview diagrams for clinical chapters.
- New coloured headings to help identify content relating to disease, management, investigations etc.
- New icons to aid text navigation.
- 11 new members and a new co-editor, Senaka Rajapakse, of the International Advisory Board.
Description of Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine 9th Edition
Edited by Kumar and Clark, clinicians and educators of world-renowned expertise. Authors comprise consultants at the top of their fields, paired with younger doctors closer to the exam experience, to ensure authority and relevance. Part of Kumar and Clark’s Collection PDF.
Enhanced e-book accompanies the print book, for ease of transportation and use on the move.
International Advisory Board, led by Professor Janaka de Silva and Professor Senaka Rajapakse, providing guidance for global coverage from across the world.
Contributions to the e-book by members of the International Advisory Board to amplify areas of clinical importance in their parts of the world
2 new chapters
- Women’s health
- Global health
25 new young consultant authors teamed with clinicians at the top of their career, to ensure the text is accessible for students and trainees.
A new role of online Editor. Adam Feather and his team of young doctors, have created (in the e-book) a host of embedded features including: chapter summaries, key-point boxes, self-assessment, top tips, extra content (videos and images) and more. They have focused on enabling more inexperienced learners to interpret the detail, navigate the content effectively and get the most from the text.
New co-editor for the International Advisory Board, Professor Senaka Rajapakse from the University of Colombo.
11 new members of the International Advisory Board.
9 new online international articles, including:
- Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever
- Visceral Leishmaniasis
Full-text re-design for the Kumar and Clark’s Collection PDF
- New diagrammatic anatomy and physiology overviews at the beginning of clinical systems chapters
- Colored headings to help distinguish sciences, procedures, etc.
- New icons to aid text navigation
- Divided into three sections for greater ease of navigation:
- Good Medical Practice
- Clinical Sciences
- Clinical Practice
Bigger chapters unbundled into smaller chapters for ease of access.
- Clinical Pharmacy now separate from Poisoning
- STIs and HIV now separate from Infectious Disease
- Biliary Tract and Pancreatic Disease now separate from Liver
- Rheumatic Disease now separate from Bone Disease
- Lipid and Metabolic Disease now separate from Diabetes Mellitus
Coming soon: Semantic zoom – an online text summarising tool which will provide stages of the book’s content in decreasing levels of detail according to your need: from the full text to the bare essentials. Keep checking your registered e-book for updates!
Edited by Parveen Kumar, CBE, BSc, MD, DM (HC), FRCP, FRCP(Edin), Professor of Medicine & Education, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary, University of London, and Honorary Consultant Physician; Gastroenterologist, Barts and The London Hospitals NHS Trust and Homerton Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK and Michael L Clark, MD, FRCP, Honorary Senior Lecturer, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary,University of London and Consultant Physician, Princess Grace Hospital, London, UK
Product Reviews for Kumar and Clark’s Collection PDF
British Journal of Hospital Medicine
‘This is the eighth edition of Kumar and Clark in 15 years, which is a remarkable achievement and testament to the authors’ dedication – the title of Kumar and Clark is now legendary. It is regarded by many as the “must-have” textbook for budding and qualified doctors and the “gold standard” when compared against competitor textbooks. Previous editions have been applauded for being both comprehensive and student-friendly. Does the latest edition live up to the high expectation? The short answer is yes.’
From user reviews:
‘Five stars’, ‘Brilliant book’, ‘Brilliant for medical students’, ‘One of the best books I ever bought’, ‘ Very good’, ‘Super book’, ‘Essential’.
British Medical Association Medical Book Awards:
- First prize winner Digital and Online Resources 2013 (eighth edition)
- First prize winner for Medicine BMA Medical Book Awards 2010 (seventh edition); 2006 (sixth edition)
Features of Kumar and Clark’s Pass Finals
Kumar and Clark’s Pass Finals PDF is a notes-style summary of the key facts to know for the diagnosis and management of important diseases. The book relates to Kumar & Clark’s Clinical Medicine and Kumar and Clark’s Collection PDF, and it’s synoptic approach is intended to help time-poor students with revision for final exams in medicine. Information is presented as bullet point lists and short summaries. There are also practice self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter, with explanatory answers at the end of the book.
- Focuses on the most important medical specialities, including cardiology, neurology, GI, and respiratory medicine
- Introductory chapters give tips on preparing for exams and explanations of the types of questions that will be encountered
- Important background information on pharmacology, radiology and imaging and clinical investigations is covered in discrete chapters
- Uses a basic outline for explaining each disease – physical examination, investigations and management – summarised in a succinct and clear way
- Examples of OSCE stations and advice on how to approach them included in all chapters
- Increased use of line diagrams and breakout boxes for important topics
- X-ray images and CT scans added
- More self-assessment questions
Features of Kumar and Clark’s Medical Management and Therapeutics PDF
Readers of Kumar & Clark’s Clinical Medicine and Kumar and Clark’s Collection PDF have consistently requested a handbook with the essentials for medical management and therapeutics, and this new handbook (Kumar & Clark’s Medical Management and Therapeutics PDF) concentrates on the therapeutic side of what procedures to perform, how and – critically – why.
Description of Kumar & Clark’s Medical Management and Therapeutics PDF
Medical management and therapeutics is the most difficult subject in the clinical medicine department. this book will provide you with all the essential information on the title. Kumar and Clark’s have been busy producing some of the best books in the clinical medicine department and this book adds yet another milestone to it. Recommended by every doctor and student who has purchased it. A must download.
Features of Kumar and Clark’s Cases in Clinical Medicine 3rd Edition
The latest addition to the Kumar & Clark family, Kumar & Clark’s Cases in Clinical Medicine PDF thoroughly updated new edition covers more than 200 cases presenting with acute symptoms in the hospital, everything from shingles and breathlessness to chest pain, acute coronary syndromes, poisoning, renal failure and stroke. The authors give clear and concise advice on immediate and further management, management of complications, differential diagnoses, history-taking, tips and pitfalls, alerts, investigations, and prioritization.
- More than 200 cases
- Remember! boxes
- Investigations boxes
- Information boxes
From customer reviews of the previous edition (Acute Clinical Medicine): The information in this text is concise, relevant and reliable . evidence-based whenever possible. The depth of knowledge goes beyond that expected of clinical medical students and so this book will be of use during the Foundation Course and maybe even specialist training years. .As a ward-based reference it is excellent, containing all the acute situations one is likely to encounter whilst on a medical attachment. Information is outlined in a concise and readable manner but the detail is more than sufficient to impart the key information one needs to know. Key points are regularly reinforced using Remember! textboxes to highlight their importance. .The use of case histories in each section is a good method of highlighting the key points yet also develops understanding and learning when reference is made to a clinical case.. There is good use made of quality diagrams, tables and photographs throughout the text.’
Features of 1000 Questions and Answers from Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine
1000 Questions and Answers From Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine PDF 2nd Edition explains:
• What causes hypertension in children?
• Is it common for epileptic patients to have post-ictal vomiting? If so, how often does this occur?
• Why is the incidence of parkinsonism less common in smokers?
• What is the role of urine examination in diabetic control?
Where do you turn to when you have a difficult medical question that needs answering?
The ‘Ask the Author’ online feature from the best-selling textbook Kumar & Clark’s Clinical Medicine has collected a wealth of questions and comments directly from medical students and doctors about topics that are of particular interest or difficulty to them.
Kumar and Clark have brought together over 1000 of the questions they have been asked along with their answers. It will appeal to the many fans of Kumar & Clark, from first-year students to practising doctors, and will provide a useful and interesting sounding board to help ensure best practice.
This unique book will provide you with a quick and easy way to discover the answers to your own medical questions…!
- The writing style is appealing and conversational, designed to entertain as well as instruct.
- Carries the ‘Kumar & Clark’ stamp of authority.
- All questions fully indexed for ease of reference.
- Covers topics that are easily misunderstood in medicine – good preparation for medical students, senior house officers/interns and specialists in training/residents preparing for written or oral exams.
Description of 1000 Questions and Answers
This book is a book that should always be downloaded in the pdf format and not bought off store because you will need it casually between topics that you will read from your Kumar and Clarks pdf ebook of clinical medicine. 1000 questions and answers from Kumar and Clark’s clinical medicine pdf is a book that will master your clinical medicine thinking the speed of diagnosing any patient that comes to your ward and will help you keep the book in your mind forever. Download Now.
Kumar and Clark’s Collection PDF
Below are mentioned all the books in the Kumar and Clark’s Collection PDF
- Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine 9th Edition
- Kumar and Clark’s Cases in Clinical Medicine 3rd Edition
- Kumar and Clark’s Medical Management and Therapeutics
- Kumar and Clark’s 1000 Questions and Answers
- Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine 8th Edition
You can click each book above individually from the Kumar and Clark’s Collection PDF or Download all the books mentioned in the Master Download Button Below:
Kumar and Clark’s Collection PDF
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.