Overview and Features
Readers of Kumar & Clark’s Clinical Medicine have consistently requested a handbook with the essentials for medical management and therapeutics, and this new handbook (Kumar & Clark’s Medical Management and Therapeutics PDF) concentrates on the therapeutic side of what procedures to perform, how and – critically – why.
Written by young doctors at the forefront of healthcare delivery, Kumar & Clark’s Medical Management and Therapeutics is portable, easy to access when you need it most, and full of cutting edge information and insights.
“Snappy and concise, just what the junior doctor ordered!” – Dr Lyn D Ferguson, FY1
“Prescriptive and to the point” – Catherine Drouot, 3rd year medical student, Barts
“An excellent text for both medical students and junior doctors alike.” – Dr Lucy Blair, FY1
Recommended Books For You
Description of Kumar & Clark’s Medical Management and Therapeutics PDF
Medical management and therapeutics is the most difficult subject in the clinical medicine department. this book will provide you with all the essential information on the title. Kumar and Clark’s have been busy producing some of the best books in the clinical medicine department and this book adds yet another milestone to it. Recommended by every doctor and student who has purchased it. A must download.
Dame Parveen June Kumar, Mrs Leaver, DBE (born 1 June 1942) is a British doctor who is currently Professor of Medicine and Education at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry. She is the President of the Royal Medical Benevolent Fund and also the President of the Medical Women’s Federation. She worked in the NHS for over 40 years as a consultant gastroenterologist and physician at Barts and the London Hospitals and the Homerton University Hospital. She was the President of the British Medical Association in 2006 and of the Royal Society of Medicine from 2012-2012, and was Vice President of the Royal College of Physicians 2003-2005. In addition, she was a founding non-executive director of the National Institute of Clinical Excellence, chaired the Medicines Commission UK until 2005, and also chaired the BUPA Foundation Charity for Research until 2013.
Dr. Michael Clark received his MD degree from the University of Alabama in Birmingham in 1979. After finishing his general surgery residency in 1984 from the Medical College of Georgia, he did a peripheral vascular surgical fellowship in Atlanta at Georgia Baptist Medical Center. Upon completion, he was invited to join the faculty and later served as an assistant clinical professor of the Georgia Baptist/ Medical College of Georgia Vascular Fellowship program until 2001. He then moved his private practice to St. Joseph’s, joining their Heart and Vascular Institute. Dr. Clark has been author or co-author of over 30 medical articles in multiple professional journals.
BJHM’s Editorial Review
“This is a well presented, up to date, accurate and useful text for the junior (and slightly more senior) hospital practitioner. I know my own copy will end up dog-eared from constant use.”
BJHM, December 2011
- It is a good book if you like the style of the Kumar and Clark(ie bulleted text, easy to read and digest and very clear). It focuses on management and drug dosing more(much like Washington’s manual but much shorter) than pathophysiology but what it contains is sufficient for internal medicine internship/senior years of the med school. Again, as with all these books(the size), it can not have everything so if you want to review for your exam I would suggests ‘exam specific’ books.
Before you buy this, I recommend you to look also at ‘mini’ version of kumar and clark(focuses more on pathophysiology than management/drug info) then buy one you like/need. Personally I found mini k/c is more helpful for course-work of senior years.
- A must have for physicians and medical students. great for revision but also
has some new information you may not have come across in other books.follows
through on disease conditions with detailed management. The chapter on arrhythmia
is especially well tackled.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters along with the names of their authors for the Kumar & Clark’s Medical Management and Therapeutics PDF Ebook:
- 1 Inpatient medical care. Vimal Gokani, Parveen Kumar.
- 2 Infectious diseases. Timothy Planche, Peter A Riley
- 3 Human immune deficiency virus and AIDS. James E Thaventhiran
- 4 Nutrition. Michael Clark
- 5 Gastrointestinal disease. Joel Mawdsley
- 6 Liver disease. Michael Clark
- 7 Haematological disease. Jason Coppell
- 8 Malignant disease. Sarah Ngan, Mohini Varughese
- 9 Rheumatological disease. Dev Pyne
- 10 Kidney and urinary tract disease. Alistair Chesser
- 11 Water, electrolytes and acid-base balance. Neil Ashman
- 12 Cardiovascular disease. Mehul B Dhinoja, James Wilkinson, Chris Skene, Mike Ward
- 13 Respiratory disease. Susannah Leaver
- 14 Critical care. Tony M Rahman, Jonathan Ball
- 15 Endocrine disease. Philippa Hanson
- 16 Diabetes mellitus and hyperlipidaemia. Philippa Hanson
- 17 Neurological disease. Paul Jarman, Arjune Sen
- 18 Poisoning. Allister Vale, Sally Bradbury
- 19 Environmental medicine. Michael Clark
- 20 Emergencies in medicine. Michael Clark
Dimensions and Characters
- 798 Pages
- File Size: 12 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Kumar and Clark’s Collection
Download Link for Kumar & Clark’s Medical Management and Therapeutics PDF
Shown below is a blue download button for the Kumar & Clark’s Medical Management and Therapeutics PDF ebook file. Click it to start your free download.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.