Widely recognized as the best starting point for pharmacology study, the internationally best-selling Medical Pharmacology at a Glance 7th edition pdf is an ideal companion for all students of the health sciences.
Key principles are supported by coloured schematic diagrams – invaluable as both an introduction to medical pharmacology, and revision in the run-up to pharmacology exams.
Revised and thoroughly updated throughout, and reflecting changes to the content and assessment methods used by medical schools, Medical Pharmacology at a Glance 7th edition pdf
Introduces the basic principles of drug action, interaction, absorption and excretion
- Bases chapters on diseases and syndromes, for clinically-focused learning
- Includes references to the pathophysiology of disease, to aid understanding of drug choice and action
- Indicates the therapeutics of choice for specific disorders and conditions
- Features cross references between discussion of drug classes and diseases
- Includes self-assessment cases studies with full answers, for revision and review
- Features a new chapter on immunosuppressants and antirheumatoid drugs
Now includes a brand new companion website, with cases and fully downloadable flashcards, at www.ataglanceseries.com/pharmacology
Recommended Books For You
Description of Medical Pharmacology at a Glance 7th Edition PDF
This book for the subject of pharmacology is one of the best medical books a student or a health professional can look upto. It has its unique way of text written to get in the mind of the reader and stay there for a longer period of time. It is named so because of its retaining power at a glance. If you need a review for your exams this book is the book. Download it now and top your scores.
Doody’s Editorial Review
“Although the book is intended for medical students, any students in health-related disciplines who must master pharmacology content may find this book helpful … The approach used in this series will be appreciated by visual learners.” (Doody’s, 3 August 2012)
Dr. Neal, DO is a practicing Internist in Redding, CA. Dr. Neal graduated from University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine in 1979 and has been in practice for 39 years. Dr. Neal accepts multiple insurance plans including Medicare and Cigna. In addition to English, Dr. Neal’s practice supports this language: Spanish.
- Internal Medicine
- Medical School, 1979
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine
- Kansas City, MO
- I never write reviews, but this book was great enough for me to write one. This is one pharmacology book that is nice and sweet. Gives enough detail for us to understand the pharmacokinetics without overwhelming someone with detail. The only thing must be aware of is that book is British, and has British spelling ex. oedema instead of edema or neurones instead of neurons. Some drug names may be slightly different as well. Otherwise, I highly recommend this as a basic pharmacology book.
- I love this guide, it is a great review for my medical school pharmacology class. My issue was in trying to memorize everything, which was hard with medications, this text makes it easy to study and retain the information. It also gives you enough physiology and background without being overwhelming. Great guide for review. I Have recommended it to my study group on campus and several people have started using it as well with great results.
It has the best and most concise diagrams. It keeps the explanations to under 2 pages, so it’s perfect to launch your study of the drug class.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and units in the Medical Pharmacology at a Glance 7th Edition PDF.
- Preface vii
- Acknowledgments vii
- Further reading viii
- How to use your textbook ix
- About the companion website x
- 1 Introduction: principles of drug action 2
- 2 Drug-receptor interactions 4
- 3 Drug absorption, distribution and excretion 6
- 4 Drug metabolism 8
- 5 Local anaesthetics 10
- 6 Drugs acting at the neuromuscular junction 12
- 7 Autonomic nervous system 14
- 8 Autonomic drugs acting at cholinergic synapses 16
- 9 Drugs acting on the sympathetic system 18
- 10 Ocular pharmacology 20
- 11 Asthma, hay fever and anaphylaxis 22
- 12 Drugs acting on the gastrointestinal tract I: peptic ulcer 24
- 13 Drugs acting on the gastrointestinal tract II: motility and secretions 26
- 14 Drugs acting on the kidney: diuretics 28
- 15 Drugs used in hypertension 30
- 16 Drugs used in angina 32
- 17 Antiarrhythmic drugs 34
- 18 Drugs used in heart failure 36
- 19 Drugs used to affect blood coagulation 38
- 20 Lipid-lowering drugs 40
- 21 Agents used in anaemias 42
- 22 Central transmitter substances 44
- 23 General anaesthetics 46
- 24 Anxiolytics and hypnotics 48
- 25 Antiepileptic drugs 50
- 26 Drugs used in Parkinson s disease 52
- 27 Antipsychotic drugs (neuroleptics) 54
- 28 Drugs used in affective disorders: antidepressants 56
- 29 Opioid analgesic 58
- 30 Drugs used in nausea and vertigo (antiemetics) 60
- 31 Drug misuse and dependence 62
- 32 Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) 64
- 33 Corticosteroids 66
- 34 Sex hormones and drugs 68
- 35 Thyroid and antithyroid drugs 70
- 36 Antidiabetic agents 72
- 37 Antibacterial drugs that inhibit nucleic acid synthesis: sulphonamides, trimethoprim, quinolones and nitroimidazoles 74
- 38 Antibacterial drugs that inhibit cell wall synthesis: penicillins, cephalosporins and vancomycin 76
- 39 Antibacterial drugs that inhibit protein synthesis: aminoglycosides, tetracyclines, macrolides and chloramphenicol 78
- 40 Antifungal drugs 80
- 41 Antiviral drugs 82
- 42 Drugs acting on parasites I: helminths (worms) 84
- 43 Drugs acting on parasites II: protozoa 86
- 44 Drugs used in cancer 88
- 45 Immunosuppressants and anti-rheumatoid drugs 90
- 46 Poisoning 92
- 47 Adverse drug reactions 94
- Case studies and questions 96
- Answers 98
- Index 102
Dimensions and Characters
- 120 Pages
- File Size:
- 5-Star Rating
- English Language
- Pharmacology Books
Download Button for Medical Pharmacology at a Glance 7th Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for Medical Pharmacology at a Glance 7th Edition PDF. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.