Description of Pocket Primary Care 2nd Edition PDF
Pocket Primary Care 2nd Edition PDF , is a practical, high-yield reference for quick answers to common diagnostic questions in the outpatient setting. This easy-to-use, loose-leaf resource contains current evidence-based practices, accepted best practices, and expert guidance from physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital, including appropriate workups and when to refer. From counseling patients on insomnia to diagnosing STIs, from interpreting PFTs to treating osteoporosis, this revised second edition supports your clinical decision making and helps you meet everyday challenges in your practice.
From the Publisher
Written by Residents for Residents
A Trusted And Accepted Tool To Use On Rounds
Designed as a life-saver for Rounds, the Pocket Series serves as a practical, high-yield reference for quick answers to diagnostic questions. Under the direction of esteemed faculty at premier institutions, each title in the Pocket series is written by residents and fellows specifically for fellows and residents. The highly templated format helps residents and students intelligently answer questions from Attendings during Rounds.
- Fits in your pocket! The Loose-leaf, 3-ring binder allows for individual customization making searching even faster!
- Quick & Easy to Use! Format includes bulleted lists, abbreviations, symbols, tables, and algorithms.
- High-yield summary of symptoms, exam findings, diagnostic work-up, and treatment plans for what you’ll encounter on rounds.
Features of Pocket Primary Care 2nd Edition PDF
- Mirrors the thought process of primary care clinicians in day-to-day practice.
- Contains fully updated information throughout, including the latest clinical guidelines and new therapeutic recommendations.
- Features bulleted lists, tables, diagrams, and algorithms that make essential facts easy to find and retain.
- Covers all major subspecialties, and includes topics such as routine screenings, health literacy, disease screening, women’s health, men’s health, and geriatrics.
- Ideal as a reference for daily practice as well as an accepted and trusted resource for students and residents to use on rounds.
Recommended Books For You
Dimensions and Characters of Pocket Primary Care 2nd Edition PDF
- Publisher : LWW; Second edition (April 24, 2018)
- Language : English
- Loose Leaf : 374 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1496378652
- ISBN-13 : 978-1496378651
- Item Weight : 12.8 ounces
- Dimensions : 4.8 x 0.9 x 7.4 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #10,766 in Books
Reviewed in the United States on December 3, 2018
Reviewed in the United States on December 20, 2018
Reviewed in the United States on May 26, 2021
Reviewed in the United States on April 6, 2020
Reviewed in the United States on June 25, 2018
SECOND TRY EDIT- Returned my first copy and got a second copy. Same problems with second as I wrote about with the first below. Sort reviews by recent and you’ll see that the 2nd edition as sold by Amazon is no good. I have high hopes for the content still, so maybe try buying from another seller? All I can say is be sure to avoid the one as sold by Amazon.com itself.
For my new copy of the 2nd edition, the loose leaf holes are not cut to line up with the binder. Also, the binding teeth don’t line up with each other. This results in pages that can barely be turned and are at risk of ripping every time you do get them to start turning over. My POCKET MEDICINE SIXTH EDITION did not have these problems and is my favorite reference book. I am a medical student, and I used POCKET MEDICINE daily on the internal medicine service during my clinical rotation (please see my 5-star review of that text). I looked forward to using POCKET PRIMARY CARE in my upcoming sub-internship, but for $60 on a pocket book, I was really hoping to be able to turn the pages. The content appears to be great, but a book that is not functional is no good to me. Will be returning to seller. From reading other reviews this is a problem that seems to come up often; I’d hold off on buying unless you are willing to hope to get a good copy and return it if you are unlucky.
Reviewed in the United States on August 4, 2018
Reviewed in the United States on August 22, 2018
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.