Principles and Practice of Surgery 7th Edition PDF is the surgical companion textbook to the international medical bestseller Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine. It is a comprehensive textbook for both the surgical student and trainee, guiding the reader through key core surgical topics which are encountered throughout an integrated medical curriculum as well as in subsequent clinical practice. Although sharing the same format and style as Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, this text is complete in itself, thus enabling the student to appreciate both the medical and surgical implications of diseases encountered in surgical wards.
- A three-section textbook of surgical principles and regional clinical surgery.
- The textbook presents a comprehensive account of international surgical practice, taking into account variations in the disease patterns and management approaches throughout the world.
- Superbly presented with line drawings, high quality radiographic images and colour photographs.
- Presented in similar form to its sister textbook Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine.
- Full online and ebook version available as part of Student Consult.
- A new chapter on Evidence-based practice and professional development.
- An expanded chapter on Surgical preparation includes an account of the main issues surrounding day case surgery.
- A new International Advisory Board based in India, South Africa, South-east Asia and Europe has advised throughout on the structure and content of the book.
- Consequently the text has been updated to reflect changes in understanding, evidence and practice, and to keep the contents in line with undergraduate and postgraduate surgical curricula
- The evidence-based revision boxes that focus on major international guidelines have been thoroughly updated.
- The text on tropical conditions such as tropical pancreatitis, tuberculosis affecting the various organ systems and filarial lymphoedema has been expanded.
- Innovations useful in the practice of surgery in resource-poor environments have been included.
- The text gives a global emphasis on epidemiological and cultural issues such as problems associated with directed transfusion of blood products from first degree relatives, the issues of informed consent and patient autonomy.
- A comparison of SI and non-SI reference ranges for commonly used laboratory values has been added.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Principles and Practice of Surgery 7th Edition PDF
This book for the subject of Surgery is one of the most widely used and trusted books among medical students and health professionals for the study in theory or practical of general surgery as it has all the updated information regarding it and has won several awards at the BMA book awards for the year too. The 7th edition adds more crispier images and tables to the content to make it shine brighter than it already does. Download now.
Olivier James Garden, CBE, FRCS, FRCP, FRSE (born 13 November 1953) is a British surgeon and academic. He holds the Regius Chair of Clinical Surgery at the University of Edinburgh and the president of the International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association from 2012 to 2014. Garden performed Scotland’s first liver transplant in Edinburgh in 1992 and founded the Scottish Liver Transplant Programme.
Garden was born on 13 November 1953. He was educated at Lanark Grammar School, a secondary school in Lanark, Scotland. He graduated from the University of Edinburgh with a BSc in 1974. He studied medicine at the University of Edinburgh Medical School and graduated with a MBChB in 1977 and a MD in 1987. He completed his postgraduate surgical training in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Paris from 1978 to 1988.
User Reviews for Principles and Practice of Surgery 7th Edition PDF
‘Principles and Practice of Surgery (7th edition)’ provides concise descriptions of common surgical conditions and methods used to investigate and treat them. Diagrams are simple and provide salient pieces of information related to the text. The ‘evidence-based medicine’ hint boxes in each chapter are a great touch, providing the reader with relevant information for most conditions and their treatment. This is a great text for medical students as well as for core surgical trainees who want an introduction into new areas of surgical practice!
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and units in the Principles and Practice of Surgery 7th Edition PDF Ebook.
SECTION 1 PRINCIPLES OF PERIOPERATIVE CARE
Metabolic response to injury, fluid and electrolyte balance and shock
Transfusion of blood components and plasma products
Nutritional support in surgical patients
Infections and antibiotics
Ethics, pre-operative considerations, anaesthesia and analgesia
Principles of the surgical management of cancer
Trauma and multiple injury
Practical procedures and patient investigation
Post-operative care and complications
Evidence-based practice and professional development
SECTION 2 GASTROINTESTINAL SURGERY
The abdominal wall and hernia
The acute abdomen and intestinal obstruction
The oesophagus, stomach and duodenum
The liver and biliary tract
The pancreas and spleen
The small and large intestine
SECTION 3 SURGICAL SPECIALTIES
Plastic and reconstructive surgery
Vascular and endovascular surgery
Ear, nose and throat surgery
Dimensions and Characters of Principles and Practice of Surgery 7th Edition PDF
- 580 Pages
- File Size:
- English Language
- Principles and Practice of Surgery 7th Edition PDF Download
Download Button for Principles and Practice of Surgery 7th Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for Principles and Practice of Surgery 7th Edition PDF. Click it to start your free download now.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.