Since its first publication in 1936, Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice pdf has been regarded as the preeminent source for definitive guidance in all areas of general surgery. The 20th edition continues the rich tradition of quality that has made this classic text synonymous with the specialty and a part of generations of surgery residents and practitioners. Meticulously updated throughout, this classic text concisely covers the breadth of material needed for certification and practice of general surgery. Detailed, full-color intraoperative illustrations and high-quality video clips capture key teaching moments, allowing you to better understand the basic science of surgery, make the most informed decisions and achieve optimal outcomes for every patient.
- Understand the underlying science and its clinical application to make informed surgical decisions and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Overcome tough challenges, manage unusual situations, and avoid complications with the most trusted advice in your field.
- Get the depth of coverage you need in an easily accessible, single volume organized by organ and along traditional lines beginning with principles common to surgical specialties including fluid and electrolyte management, metabolic support, and wound healing. Subsequent sections review the management of injury, transplantation, oncology, breast, endocrine, and abdominal procedures.
- Explore topics encountered by general surgery residents in training as well as in-depth coverage of subspecialty areas including head and neck, thoracic, vascular, urology, neurosurgery, pediatrics, and gynecology.
- Visually grasp and retain difficult concepts thanks to a full-color design featuring an abundance of illustrations, intraoperative photographs, video clips and tables as well as more schematic diagrams that facilitate the comprehension of surgical techniques and procedures.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about the latest surgical perspectives and approaches to treatment including innovations in minimally invasive surgery and percutaneous devices.
- Streamline clinical decision making with an increased number of schematic diagrams and key data on surgical outcomes.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice PDF
This book is one of the best surgery books that the world has come across. The practice of surgery is one of the most difficult jobs in the world even for doctors. This book by Sabiston has taken the responsibility to completely describe you the procedures, their complications, uses, side-effects, and everything else a doctor has to know. Download it now to master your surgery knowledge and practice it on your patients to become the best of surgeons.
Dr. R. Daniel Beauchamp is a surgeon in Nashville, Tennessee and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Tennessee Valley Healthcare System-Nashville and Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He received his medical degree from University of Texas Medical Branch and has been in practice for more than 20 years. Dr. Beauchamp accepts several types of health insurance, listed below. He is one of 27 doctors at Tennessee Valley Healthcare System-Nashville and one of 95 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center who specialize in Surgery.
The 19th edition has some changes that make it worth purchasing over this text, but the 18th ed Sabiston is a great text for a junior surgeon. The inflammation and wound healing chapters are well done, and the appendix and biliary chapters are also personal favorites. Some residency programs may prefer Greenfield or Cameron, but Sabiston is a good choice.
The updated version is excellent. Lots of current updates regarding breast, colon. Anatomy and physiology decent.
Table of Contents
Listed below are the set of all the chapters and sections in the Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice pdf.
Section 1- Surgical Basic Principles
1. History of Surgery
2. Ethics and Professionalism in Surgery
3. The Inflammatory Response
4. Shock, Electrolytes and Fluid
5. Metabolism in Surgical Patients
6. Wound Healing
7. Regenerative Medicine
8. Evidence-Based Surgery: Critically Assessing Surgical Literature
9. Safety in the Surgical Environment
Section 2- Perioperative Management
10. Principles of Preoperative and Operative Surgery
11. Surgical Infections and Antibiotic Use
12. Surgical Complications
13. Surgery in the Geriatric Patient
14. Anesthesiology Principles, Pain Management, and Conscious Sedation
15. Emerging Technology in Surgery: Informatics, Electronics, Robotics
16. Management of Acute Trauma
17. The Difficult Abdominal Wall
18. Emergency Care of Musculoskeletal Injuries
20. Bites and Stings
21. Surgical Critical Care
22. Bedside Surgical Procedures
23. The Surgeon’s Role in Mass Casualty Incidents
Section 3- Transplantation and Immunology
24. Transplantation Immunobiology and Immunosuppression
25. Liver Transplantation
26. Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation
27. Small Bowel Transplantation
Section 4- Surgical Oncology
28. Tumor Biology and Tumor Markers
29. Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy
30. Melanoma and Cutaneous Malignancies
31. Soft Tissue Sarcomas
32. Bone Tumors
Section 5- Head and Neck
33. Head and Neck
Section 6- Breast
34. Diseases of the Breast
35. Breast Reconstruction
Section 7- Endocrine
37. The Parathyroid Glands
38. Endocrine Pancreas
39. The Adrenal Glands
40. The Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndromes\
Section 8- Esophagus
42. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Hiatal Hernia
Section 9- Abdomen
43. Abdominal Wall, Umbilicus, Peritoneum, Mesenteries, Omentum and Retroperitoneum
45. Acute Abdomen
46. Acute Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
47. Morbid Obesity
49. Small Intestine
50. The Appendix
51. Colon and Rectum
53. The Liver
54. Biliary System
55. Exocrine Pancreas
56. The Spleen
Section 10- Chest
57. Lung, Chest Wall, Pleura, and Mediastinum
58. Congenital Heart Disease
59. Acquired Heart Disease: Coronary Insufficiency
60. Acquired Heart Disease: Valvular
Section 11- Vascular
62. Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease
63. Vascular Trauma
64. Venous Disease
65. The Lymphatics
Section 12- Specialties in General Surgery
66. Pediatric Surgery
68. Plastic Surgery
69. Hand Surgery
70. Gynecologic Surgery
71. Surgery in the Pregnant Patient
72. Urologic Surgery
Dimensions and Characters of Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice PDF
- 2176 Pages
- File Size: 410 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Sabiston Books
Download Link for Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice PDF
Shown below is a white download button for Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice pdf 20th edition ebook. Click it to start your free download.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.