Often called the ‘the best NCLEX® exam review book ever,’ Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 7th Edition PDF provides everything you need to prepare for the NCLEX exam ― complete content review and 5,200 NCLEX examination-style questions in the book and online. Don’t make the mistake of assuming the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX exam review books, because only this book includes the kind of questions that consistently test the critical thinking skills necessary to pass today’s NCLEX exam. Even better, all answers include detailed rationales to help you learn from your answer choices, as well as test-taking strategies with tips on how to best approach each question. Written by the most trusted name in NCLEX review, Linda Anne Silvestri, and updated to reflect the most current 2016 NCLEX test plan, Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 7th Edition PDF is THE book of choice for NCLEX examination review. But don’t just take our word for it ― read any customer review or ask your classmates to see why there’s nothing else like it!
- Over 5,100 practice questions in the text and online offer ample testing practice.
- Question categories by cognitive level, client needs area, integrated process, and content area give users completely customizable exams or study sessions when using the companion Evolve site.
- UNIQUE! A detailed test-taking strategy and rationale is included for each question, offering clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option, and guiding users to remediation in Saunders Strategies for Test Success: Passing Nursing School and the NCLEX® Exam and Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Exam.
- Inclusion of all alternate item format questions covers multiple response, prioritizing [ordered response], fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration [hot spot], chart/exhibit, video, and audio questions to give users practice with mastering prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills.
- Alternate item format questions are highlighted with a special icon to easily find in the text.
- 85-question comprehensive exam covers all content areas in the book in the same percentages that they are covered on the actual NCLEX-RN test plan.
- UNIQUE! Priority Nursing Action boxes list actions for clinical emergent situations requiring immediate action, including a detailed rationale and textbook reference.
- UNIQUE! Pyramid Alert! boxes spotlight important nursing concepts and procedures, and include tips and shortcuts for remembering key information.
- UNIQUE! Priority concepts call-outs highlight specific concepts related to nursing practice. Concepts have been updated to reflect the latest Giddens: Concepts for Nursing Practice text.
- Page references for each question guide users toward an Elsevier nursing textbook for further study and self-remediation.
- Full-color design offers a more visually engaging learning experience.
- Easy-to-use index lets users quickly locate questions for a given topic or body system.
- Recent graduate’s perspective sections offer meaningful guidance for the NCLEX-RN, nonacademic preparation, test-taking strategies, and the CAT format.
- Expanded coverage of delegation, prioritization, and triage/disaster management in the practice questions reflect the areas of increased emphasis on the NCLEX exam.
- Automatic software updates on the Evolve companion site allow users to check for changes and content updates throughout the life of the edition.
- UNIQUE! Audio review summaries on pharmacology, fluids and electrolytes, and acid-base balance are found on the Evolve companion site.
- NEW! Questions and content aligned with the latest NCLEX-RN exam reflect the increased level of difficulty and format changes in some areas.
- NEW! Summary of the key changes made to the 2016 NCLEX-RN test plan will be included at the beginning of the text along with how those updates are addressed throughout the new edition.
- NEW! Mnemonics will be included as Pyramid Alerts where appropriate throughout the text.
- NEW! More Priority Nursing Action boxes to communicate new and pertinent content.
- NEW! Revised illustrations provide a more up-to-date and consistent presentation of art throughout the text.
- NEW! Completely updated chapter on vital signs and laboratory values include the latest lab values.
- NEW! Glossary of the Pyramid Terms located in the back of the book help users access all definitions in one location.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 7th Edition PDF
This Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 7th Edition PDF ebook is one of the most widely used nursing books among all medical aspirants. This book provides all the necessary information a nurse to be needs to know and also for students to get through their board exams easily. Download it now and master your nursing skills.
As a child, Linda always dreamed of becoming either a nurse or a teacher. Initially she chose to become a nurse because she really wanted to help others, especially those who were ill. Then she realized that both of her dreams could come true; she could be both a nurse and a teacher. I am the author of Saunders comprehensive review for the nclex-rn examination 7th edition PDF book.
Linda received her diploma in nursing at Cooley Dickinson Hospital School of Nursing in Northampton, Massachusetts. Afterward, she worked at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts, where she cared for clients in acute medical-surgical units, the intensive care unit, the emergency department, pediatric units, and other acute care units. Later she received an associate degree from Holyoke Community College in Holyoke, Massachusetts, her BSN from American International College in Springfield, Massachusetts, and her MSN from Anna Maria College in Paxton, Massachusetts, with a dual major in Nursing Management and Patient Education. Linda received her PhD in Nursing from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), and conducted research on self-efficacy and the predictors of NCLEX success. In 2012, she received the UNLV School of Nursing, Alumna of the Year Award. She is also a member of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International, Phi Kappa Phi, the Western Institute of Nursing, the Eastern Nursing Research Society, the Golden Key International Honour Society, the National League for Nursing, and the America Nurses Association.
As a native of Springfield, Massachusetts, Linda began her teaching career as an instructor of medical-surgical nursing and leadership-management nursing in 1981 at Baystate Medical Center School of Nursing. In 1989, she relocated to Rhode Island and began teaching advanced medical-surgical nursing and psychiatric nursing to RN and LPN students at the Community College of Rhode Island. While teaching there, a group of students approached her for assistance in preparing for the NCLEX examination. Linda had always had a very special interest in test success for nursing students because of her own personal experiences with testing. Taking tests was never easy for her, and as a student she needed to find methods and strategies that would bring success. Her own difficult experiences, desire, and dedication to assist nursing students to overcome the obstacles associated with testing inspired her to develop and write the many products that would foster success with testing. Her experiences as a student, nursing educator, and item writer for the NCLEX exams aided her as she developed a comprehensive review course to prepare nursing graduates for the NCLEX examination.
Later, in 1994, Linda began teaching medical-surgical nursing at Salve Regina University in Newport, Rhode Island, and remain there as an adjunct faculty member. She also prepared nursing students at Salve Regina University for the NCLEX-RN examination.
Linda established Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., in 1991 and Nursing Reviews, Inc., in 2000. These companies are located in Charlestown, Rhode Island. In 2012, she established an additional company, Nursing Reviews, Inc. in Las Vegas, Nevada. Both companies are dedicated to conducting review courses for the NCLEX-RN and the NCLEX-PN examinations and helping nursing graduates achieve their goals of becoming registered nurses, licensed practical/vocational nurses, or both.
Today, Linda conducts review courses for the NCLEX examinations throughout New England, is an expert consultant for HESI Live Review courses, and is the successful author of numerous review products.
A few of the most genuine reviews for the Saunders comprehensive review for the NCLEX-RN examination 7th edition PDF are given below:
- I used the 6th Edition and just received my RN license in the mail recently. I passed on my first attempt. My friend did not pass on her first attempt, so I recommended she try this guide. There are updates in this version. I would recommend the Saunders comprehensive review for the nclex-rn examination 7th edition pdf because the exam has been updated since the 6th edition.
- I only studied for 1 month before the exam. I read at least ~75pgs a day (finished the book in ~15 days). I reread it again at a pace of ~100pgs a day (finished in ~10 days). I answered at least 75-100 questions a day on the online-exam component. I only achieved a 50-60% correct rating on the online exams. I found the 1000s of practice questions on the online component and the “pyramid points” essential to my success. The guide also came with an audio guide (in the 6th edition there was pharmacology, acid-base, electrolyte/fluids balances). Every day, I would listen to the audio guides in the shower and while driving.
- I would recommend studying Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 7th Edition PDF longer than 1 month. I only had enough time because I was unemployed and spent hours a day studying. I felt rushed, and depressed if I didn’t read/answer my daily amount of chapters or questions. I thought I was gonna fail to be honest.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters included in the Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN examination 7th Edition PDF Ebooks:
- Unit I: NCLEX-RN Exam Preparation
- 1 The NCLEX-RN Examination
- 2 Pathways to Success
- 3 The NCLEX-RN Examination: From a Student’s Perspective
- 4 Test-Taking Strategies Unit II: Issues in Nursing
- 5 Cultural Diversity
- 6 Ethical and Legal Issues
- 7 Leadership, Delegating, and Prioritizing Client Care Unit III: Nursing Sciences
- 8 Fluids and Electrolytes
- 9 Acid-Base Balance
- 10 Vital Signs and Laboratory Values
- 11 Nutrition
- 12 Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
- 13 Intravenous Therapy
- 14 Administration of Blood Products Unit IV: Fundamental Skills
- 15 Health and Physical Assessment of the Adult Client
- 16 Provision of a Safe Environment
- 17 Calculation of Medication and Intravenous Prescriptions
- 18 Perioperative Nursing Care
- 19 Positioning Clients
- 20 Care of a Client with a Tube Unit V: Growth and Development Across the Life Span
- 21 Theories of Growth and Development
- 22 Developmental Stages
- 23 Care of the Older Client Unit VI: Maternity Nursing
- 24 Reproductive System
- 25 Prenatal Period
- 26 Risk Conditions Related to Pregnancy
- 27 Labor and Birth
- 28 Problems with Labor and Birth
- 29 The Postpartum Period
- 30 Postpartum Complications
- 31 Care of the Newborn
- 32 Maternity and Newborn Medications Unit VII: Pediatric Nursing
- 33 Neurological, Cognitive, and Psychosocial Disorders
- 34 Eye, Ear, and Throat Disorders
- 35 Respiratory Disorders
- 36 Cardiovascular Disorders
- 37 Gastrointestinal Disorders
- 38 Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders
- 39 Renal and Urinary Disorders
- 40 Integumentary Disorders
- 41 Musculoskeletal Disorders
- 42 Hematological Disorders
- 43 Oncological Disorders
- 44 Infectious and Communicable Diseases
- 45 Pediatric Medication Administration and Calculations Unit VIII: The Adult Client with an Integumentary Disorder
- 46 Integumentary System
- 47 Integumentary Medications Unit IX: The Adult Client with an Oncological Disorder
- 48 Oncological Disorders
- 49 Antineoplastic Medications Unit X: The Adult Client with an Endocrine Disorder
- 50 Endocrine System
- 51 Endocrine Medications Unit XI: The Adult Client with a Gastrointestinal Disorder
- 52 Gastrointestinal System
- 53 Gastrointestinal Medications Unit XII: The Adult Client with a Respiratory Disorder
- 54 Respiratory System
- 55 Respiratory Medications Unit XIII: The Adult Client with a Cardiovascular Disorder
- 56 Cardiovascular Disorders
- 57 Cardiovascular Medications Unit XIV : The Adult Client with a Renal System Disorder
- 58 Renal System
- 59 Renal Medications Unit XV: The Adult Client with an Eye or Ear Disorder
- 60 The Eye and the Ear
- 61 Ophthalmic and Otic Medications Unit XVI: The Adult Client with a Neurological Disorder
- 62 Neurological System
- 63 Neurological Medications Unit XVII: The Adult Client with a Musculoskeletal Disorder
- 64 Musculoskeletal System
- 65 Musculoskeletal Medications Unit XVIII: The Adult Client with an Immune Disorder
- 66 Immune Disorders
- 67 Immunologic Medications Unit XIX: The Adult Client with a Mental Health Disorder
- 68 Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
- 69 Mental Health Disorders
- 70 Addictions
- 71 Crisis Theory and Intervention
- 72 Psychiatric Medications
- Unit XX: Comprehensive Test
- General Bibliography
- Index Special Features: Priority Nursing Action Boxes
These were all the units and chapters in the Saunders comprehensive review for the NCLEX-RN examination 7th edition pdf ebook.
Dimensions and Characters of Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 7th Edition PDF
- 1152 Pages
- File Size: 57 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
- Saunders Books
Download Link for Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 7th Edition PDF
Shown below is a blue highlighted link for the Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 7th Edition PDF ebook. Click it to start your free download
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.