Features of Essentials of Nursing Research Appraising Evidence for Nursing Practice 10th Edition PDF
Essentials of Nursing Research Appraising Evidence for Nursing Practice 10th Edition PDF-equips students with everything they need to confidently apply research to nursing practice. AJN award-winning authors Denise Polit and Cheryl Beck clarify the language of nursing research and instill a practical understanding of nursing research fundamentals and the research process for both quantitative and qualitative studies — including design principles; sampling and data collection; criteria for assessing data quality; appraising the quality, rigor, and trustworthiness of studies; and approaches to understand the statistical results.
This updated edition incorporates the latest clinical insights and approaches to research to familiarize students with increasingly important considerations in today’s nursing practice, including the involvement of patients and stakeholders in translating research evidence to local settings; the appraisal of not only the rigor of research designs and methods but also the relevance and applicability of practice-based evidence; and the effective use of research in local quality improvement (QI) projects.
- UPDATED! New organization simplifies the presentation of complex topics and better facilitates the use of research evidence in nursing practice.
- Clear, approachable writing makes difficult ideas easily digestible, even to students with no prior knowledge of technical terms.
- Critical Appraisal Guidelines walk students through studies and highlight aspects amenable to evaluation by research consumers.
- Research Examples and Critical Thinking Exercises emphasize important points and sharpen students’ critical thinking skills.
- Tips help students confidently translate abstract notions of research methods into concrete applications.
- Colorful tables, figures, and examples engage students’ attention and reinforce their understanding.
- Chapter Objectives emphasize essential information in each chapter.
- Key Terms familiarize students with common research terms.
- Bulleted Summary Points highlight key takeaways at a glance.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Essentials of Nursing Research Appraising Evidence for Nursing Practice 10th Edition PDF
Essentials of Nursing Research Appraising Evidence for Nursing Practice 10th Edition PDF is one of the best-known books on the subject of nursing and basic medicine. This book covers all the cases and phenomenon a student and professional nurse might be up against in their whole life. Master this book and you will be of prime aid in caring for patients that are difficult to treat. Make a difference. Download Now.
I met Cheryl Beck in 2010 in Pittsburgh, at the Marcé International Conference. I had been reading her groundbreaking and brave research on birth trauma for years. One of her publications begins with this potent sentence:
“My child was conceived in love and born by rape.”
The Anniversary of Birth Trauma: Failure to Rescue. Beck, Cheryl Tatano. 2006. Nursing Research. 55(6):381-390,
Cheryl is an obstetric nurse (the midwife equivalent in the USA) and one of her first studies, back in the eighties, was a beautiful paper about parturients’ temporal experiences during the phases of labor[i]. She has dedicated her life to research on birth trauma. The quality of her work doing (precisely) qualitative research – that is, centered on mothers´ experiences – has won her numerous awards, next of which will be the Marcé International Society Medal for her contribution to Perinatal Mental Health research which she is due to receive in October 2020.I say her papers are brave because I feel it is so, and I am not exaggerating. Cheryl has been a pioneer in making the consequences of birth trauma visible to the healthcare community. There are consequences for mothers, for breastfeeding, for partner relationships, for fertility, for facing the next birth (many choose a home birth to avoid a repetition of the traumatic circumstances). There are also consequences for birth attendants, who may feel guilty of being accomplices to mistreatment and obstetric violence, a fear of recognizing and naming it.
Dimensions and Characters of Essentials of Nursing Research Appraising Evidence for Nursing Practice 10th Edition PDF
- Publisher : LWW; Tenth, North American edition (March 18, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 448 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975141857
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975141851
- Item Weight : 1.7 pounds
- Dimensions : 7 x 0.75 x 9.75 inches
- Book Name : Essentials of Nursing Research Appraising Evidence for Nursing Practice 10th Edition PDF
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.