From the authors who helped you pass Step 1, this is your high-yield review for the USMLE Step 2 CK. Completely revised to cover all core areas on the boards, including information on newly tested patient safety and quality improvement topics, First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK PDF Ninth Edition features:
- High-yield, bulleted presentation of diseases and disorders you need to remember
- Integrated flash-facts in margins test your knowledge at the point of learning
- Embedded case vignettes test your application of knowledge
- Key facts and mnemonics reinforce essential information
- Rapid-review section for last-minute cramming
- Includes hundreds of color clinical images and illustrations
Description of First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK PDF 9th Edition
First Aid for Step 2 CK PDF is a good source. Not a great source. But compared to the classical Mastering the Boards combo it is leagues better. It actually covers topics in reasonable detail, especially IM topics, that MTB seems to shallowly skim over. While it is not as easy of a read, it is also not utterly worthless. MTB is made for people who just don’t remember the disease. FA is made for people who dont remember specifics in pathophys and basic treatments of disease. In short FA is more detailed which makes it harder to finish but more useful if you actually plan on using a review book.
Recommended Books for You
Dr. Bhushan completed his medical school at the Christian Medical College, Vellore, India. He did his residency in Internal Medicine at the State University of New York at Stony Brook and completed his fellowship in Medical Oncology at the Fred-Hutchison Cancer Research Center, University of Washington in Seattle.
Tao Lee is also the producer in chief of the Book
- Let’s get one thing out of the way first: Step 2 CK success comes from the resources and studying you did in your clinical rotations, how well you did in Step 1, and from Uworld questions and their explanations. The review book is much less relevant here than in Step 1. Importantly, however, a review book organizes your thinking and provides a single location for all the high yield facts.
Haven’t had a chance to go through it in proper detail yet but after a quick skim through side by side comparison with 2013 I can say it is better. The biggest difference this year seems to be the diagrams and pictures. There are more pictures, many of which are imaging which is much appreciated, and the diagrams seem more colorful and coherent. The pages have also been cleaned up and made more colorful so as to highlight important material. I definitely noticed a few things that were not mentioned in 2013 but as all yearly updates it’s probably 90% or more the same. In terms of material its about 50 pages larger which seems to be a combination of the new pictures, diagrams, material, and a slightly more spacious outline which I prefer. The quality of the printing appears better as well (or maybe I just got a bad copy of 2013). Should you buy it? I think yes even if just to make note of the new material (could be a Q or two on your test) and look at the plethora of new Pictures included.
Table of Contents
First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK PDF 4th Edition includes the following Units and Chapters:
Section 1: Guide to Efficient Exam Preparation
- USMLE Step 2 CK, Computer-Based Testing Basics
- Defining Your Goal
- Study Resources
- Test-Day Checklist
- Testing Agencies
Section 2: Database of High-Yield Facts
- How to Use the Database
- Ethics and Legal Issues
- Infectious Disease
- Selected Topics in Emergency Medicine
Section 3: Top-Rated Review Resources
- How to Use the Database
- Disclaimer/Conflict-of-Interest Statement
- Question Banks
- Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine
- Commercial Review Courses
Appendix I: Acronyms and Abbreviations
Appendix II: Common Laboratory Values
Dimensions and Characters of First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK PDF 9th Edition
- 592 Pages
- File Size: 183 MBs
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
Download Button for First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK PDF 9th Edition
Below is a Blue Download Button for the First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK PDF 9th edition File. Click it to start your free Download.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.