Description of Kirk’s General Surgical Operations 6th Edition PDF
General Surgical Operations is a highly-praised and comprehensive textbook of operative surgery. It is a practical manual aimed at the surgeon who is about to carry out an operation, rather than just a description of the principles suitable for an examiner.Kirk’s General Surgical Operations 6th Edition Pdf continues to be aimed at a broad readership: the candidate preparing for the Intercollegiate FRCS in General Surgery or international equivalents; the trained surgeon faced, through necessity, with undertaking an infrequently performed procedure; and the many surgeons working in hospitals throughout the world without access to specialist services. It remains above all a practical text which will guide the surgeon in training, or one unfamiliar with a procedure, on how to perform it, but more importantly on how to manage the uncertainties which so often arise
This is a ‘What to do’ book. Using it the reader can aspire to gain diagnostic, decision making and operative surgical competence with confidence.
Features of Kirk’s General Surgical Operations 6th Edition PDF
- The book is written in a clear and direct style and providing explicit instructions using descriptive headings for easy reference.
- The contents covers standard routine operations in full; non-routine and rarely performed operations are included only where appropriate and in lesser detail
- The text includes advice on topics such as patient selection; preparation and access to the site of operation; how to accomplish the procedure; closing and aftercare
- Difficulties are highlighted and advice given on how to respond to unexpected findings
- Each procedure is fully described thus avoiding repetitions and cutting cross-references to a minimum
- Regular summaries of key points in the decision making process are included.
- This Sixth Edition is now known as Kirk’s General Surgical Operations in recognition of its distinguished founding editor, Professor RM Kirk, who is now Editor Emeritus on the textbook
- The new editorial team for the Sixth Edition comprises a colorectal surgeon, a vascular surgeon and an orthopaedic surgeon
- The contents have been restructured and radically revised into 42 chapters, the majority of which have been completely rewritten.
- Laparoscopic techniques have been incorporated into all relevant chapters.
- All the illustrations have been redrawn to improve their clarity.
Recommended Books For You
Mr Daryll Baker read medicine at Oxford University and gained his PhD from the University of Wales. He trained in surgery in Nottingham, Edinburgh and London.
Mr Baker has been a Vascular Consultant Surgeon for over 15 years and runs a busy extensive Vascular practice attracting patients from both within the UK and also worldwide. His surgical practice embraces all open and endovascular interventions in arteries and veins. He leads the largest hyperhidrosis service in North London.
Mr Baker is the Vascular Clinical Lead for North Central London managing all the vascular services between the Royal Free Hospital, the Whittington Hospital, the North Middlesex Hospital, Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals, University Hospitals and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital.
Country of qualification
- Vascular Surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Society of Academic and Research Surgeons
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society of Vascular Surgery
Dimensions and Characters of Kirk’s General Surgical Operations 6th Edition PDF
- 1172 Pages
- File Size: 85MB
- English Language
- 5-Star Rating
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.