Principles and Practice of Surgery 6th Edition PDF is the surgical companion textbook to the international medical bestseller Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine. It is a comprehensive textbook for both the surgical student and trainee, guiding the reader through key core surgical topics which are encountered throughout an integrated medical curriculum as well as in subsequent clinical practice. Although sharing the same format and style as Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, this text is complete in itself, thus enabling the student to appreciate both the medical and surgical implications of diseases encountered in surgical wards.
- A three-section textbook of surgical principles and regional clinical surgery.
- Superbly presented with line drawings, high quality radiographic images and colour photographs.
- Presented in similar form to its sister textbook Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine.
- Full online text version as part of Student Consult
- The contents have been restructured into three sections – Principles of Perioperative care, Gastrointestinal Surgery, and Surgical Specialties.
- Two new chapters have rationalised and amalgamated information on the Metabolic response to injury and Ethics and pre-operative considerations to avoid repetition.
- Throughout the text has been altered to reflect changes in understanding, evidence and practice, and to keep the contents in line with undergraduate and postgraduate surgical curricula
- A substantial number of new illustrations have been added to give better consistency and improved image quality.
- The evidence-based revision boxes that focus on major international guidelines have been thoroughly updated.
Recommended Books For You
Description of Principles and Practice of Surgery 6th Edition PDF
This book for the subject of surgery is one of the best medical books available for students for their undergraduate and post graduate studies as a guide book. It contains all the essential information regarding general surgery and systemic surgery in theory and in practice. A must download book for all.
Olivier James Garden, CBE, FRCS, FRCP, FRSE (born 13 November 1953) is a British surgeon and academic. He holds the Regius Chair of Clinical Surgery at the University of Edinburgh and the president of the International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association from 2012 to 2014. Garden performed Scotland’s first liver transplant in Edinburgh in 1992 and founded the Scottish Liver Transplant Programme.
Garden was appointed a Senior Lecturer in Surgery and Honorary Consultant Surgeon at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh in 1988. He was appointed Personal Chair in Hepatobiliary Surgery in 1997. He was appointed Regius Chair of Clinical Surgery in 2000. He was appointed Surgeon to the Queen in Scotland in 2004. He is a visiting professor at a number of institutions including Harvard Medical School, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong and University of Cape Town. Garden founded the MSc in Surgical Sciences program at the University of Edinburgh. Garden is an editor of the textbook General Surgery: Principles and International Practice and Endocrine Surgery: Handbooks in General Surgery. Garden was the surgeon who provided 2 liver transplants to Jim Baxter.
Table of Contents
Listed below are all the chapters and units in the Principles and Practice of Surgery 6th Edition PDF.
Section 1 Principles of perioperative care.
1 Metabolic response to injury, fluid and electrolyte balance and shock
2 Transfusion of blood components and plasma product
3 Nutritional support in surgical patients
4 Infections and antibiotics
5 Ethics, pre-operative considerations, anaesthesia and analgesia
6 Principles of the surgical management of cancer
7 Trauma and multiple injury
8 Practical procedures and patient investigation
9 Post-operative care and complications
10 Day surgery
Section 2 Gastrointestinal surgery.
11 The abdominal wall and hernia
12 The acute abdomen and intestinal obstruction
13 The oesophagus, stomach and duodenum
14 The liver and biliary tract
15 The pancreas and spleen
16 The small and large intestine
17 The anorectum
Section 3 Surgical specialties.
18 Plastic and reconstructive surgery
19 The breast
20 Endocrine surgery
21 Vascular and endovascular surgery
22 Cardiothoracic surgery
23 Urological surgery
25 Transplantation surgery
26 Ear, nose and throat surgery
27 Orthopaedic surgery
Dimensions and Characters of Principles and Practice of Surgery 6th Edition PDF
- 520 Pages
- File Size: 20 MBs
- English Language
- 8-Star Rating
- Surgery Principles and Practice 6th Edition
Download Button for Principles and Practice of Surgery 6th Edition PDF
Shown below is a white download button for Principles and Practice of Surgery 6th Edition PDF.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase the original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.